Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Name of God

"... our ancestors were arrogant ... but you are Eloah Selichot Channun v'Rachum (God of pardons, grace and mercy), slow to anger, and of great chesed, and you did not forsake them."
  - Nehemiah, (in Nehemiah 9:17)

"In order to forestall this [business of repentance and forgiveness], I fled to Tarshish, since I had knowledge that You are El Channun v'Rachum Erech Apayim V'Rav Chesed, (God of Grace and Mercy, Slow to Anger and of Great Chesed), Who relents from judgment."
  - the prophet Jonah (in Jonah 4:2)

"I will make all my goodness pass before you, declaring the name of I AM [THAT I AM]:  And I Will Have Chen (grace) On Whom I Will Have Chen and Racham (compassion) On Whom I Will Have Racham."
  - God to Moses, (in Exodus 33:19)

"Because of the chasdei (faithful kindnesses) of Yahweh we are not destroyed, because his rachamim (mercies) are unfailing and are new every morning.  Great is Your faithfulness."
   - Jeremiah, (in Lamentations 3:22-23)

"But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus ..."
  - Saul of Tarsus, (in Ephesians 4:19-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment